Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thinking of other things I could be doing.....

Sitting at work thinking of all of the things I could be doing at home instead! Laundry, NAPPING, mopping floors, NAPPING, vacuuming (I can never spell that word right) and did I mention I need a NAP! Anyways, I'm reading the bible in 90 days using the book The Bible in 90 Days - Cover to Cover in 12 pages a day. I'm only like 40 pages behind and I started January 1st. But I am not going to get discouraged - I read during my lunch hour and I'll read a read some extra pages over the weekend if I can. I'll even be happy if I read it in 120 days. I will get through it this year. Those people lived so long back then! I always wonder if our calendar year is the same as theirs was - back in the days of Abraham. He was reallllly old when God blessed him with children. Last night my youngest - Trevor - who is 4, woke up after only being asleep for 2 hours. I was just finishing up my reading and was about to turn out the light when I heard the patter of little feet heading for my room. He walked in my room and peeked his little face around the armoire and as soon as he saw me he started crying. He ran to me holding his right hand saying "It's getting bigger. It's getting bigger!!" So I examined his hand and could only hope that he didn't fall out of his brand new loft bed he's only slept in 2 times. I was thinking surely if he had fallen out of his bed I would have heard him - it's not like we live in a mansion. So as he was crying and complaining his hand was gettting bigger, it dawned on me that his hand was asleep. So I said "Trevs - your hand is asleep baby." He goes "Well, wake it up - it's getting bigger." And so he crawls in bed with me and Ray and falls peacefully right back to sleep. I swore with my other 2 that they would never sleep with us and I kept my word. Why with the last child you throw all of your rules out the window? I guess we realize how fast they grow up. Ok - I think I'm becoming ADHD. Now my thoughts are shifting to whether we need to wrap the pipes tonight. It has been said that it will be colder here in Texas than in Antartica tomorrow or Friday. WHAT?
Tags:

No comments: